AISC to honor 13 leading design, construction and education professionals
- October 27, 2020
- Posted by: Alan Hageman
- Category: News
The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) will honor 13 leaders across the structural steel design, construction, and academic communities with prestigious awards at the 2020 NASCC: The Steel Conference (April 22-24 in Atlanta). The awards presentation and opening keynote will take place on Wednesday, April 22, at 10:30 a.m. at the Georgia World Congress Center. AISC awards honor significant individuals who have made a difference in the success of the fabricated structural steel industry. Whether it’s for an innovative design, an insightful technical paper, or a lifetime of outstanding service, an AISC award bestows prestige and well-deserved recognition upon its recipient.
The Lifetime Achievement Award honors individuals whose continued outstanding service has made a difference in the success of AISC, the structural steel industry, and the structural steel design, construction, and academic communities. This year’s Lifetime Achievement Award winners are:
- Carol Drucker, SE, PE, PEng, Principal, Drucker Zajdel Structural Engineers, Inc.
- John M. Yadlosky, PE, Senior Bridge Engineer, HDR, Inc.
- Daniel G. Fisher, Sr., Founding Partner, Girder-Slab Technologies LLC
- Ronnie Medlock, Vice President – Technical Services, High Steel Structures, LLC
- W. Samuel Easterling, PE, PhD, James L. and Katherine S. Melsa Dean of Engineering, Iowa State University
- Chia-Ming Uang, PhD, Professor, University of California, San Diego
The Special Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated notable achievements in structural steel design, construction, research, or education. It honors those who have made a positive and substantial impact on the structural steel design and construction industry. This year’s Special Achievement Reward recipients are:
- Ron Klemencic, PE, SE, Hon AIA, Chairman and CEO, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Michel Bruneau, PhD, PEng, F. CAE, F. ASCE, F. SEI, SUNY Distinguished Professor, University at Buffalo
- Amit H. Varma, PhD, Karl H. Kettelhut Professor of Civil Engineering, Purdue University
- Rex I. Lewis, President, Puma Steel
The Early Career Faculty Award provides recognition to faculty who demonstrate promise in the areas of structural steel research, teaching, and other contributions to the structural steel industry. This year’s recipients are:
- Emily Baker, AIA, Assistant Professor of Architecture, University of Arkansas
- Julie Fogarty, PE, PhD, Assistant Professor, California State University, Sacramento
- Negar Elhami-Khorasani, PhD, Assistant Professor, University at Buffalo
For more information about The Steel Conference, visit aisc.org/nascc. To learn more about AISC’s award programs, visit aisc.org/awards.