American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA), Insulating Glass Manufacturers Alliance (IGMA) become Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA)
- October 15, 2020
- Posted by: Alan Hageman
- Category: News
The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and the Insulating Glass Manufacturers Alliance (IGMA) announced the organizations are officially combined into a new organization, Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance (FGIA). The groups voted in July 2019 to unify the organizations as of Jan. 1.
AAMA and IGMA boards of directors met in December to finalize the vision and mission. The vision focuses on improving home and building performance through better glass, window, door and skylight technologies and standards. Also, FGIA strives to be a welcoming community, leading the glass, glazing and fenestration industry through research, consensus-based standards, product certification, advocacy, and education and professional development. A new logo, branding and promotional video will be revealed at FGIA’s annual conference. The organization’s events include:
- FGIA annual conference: Feb. 10-13, Marriott Harbor Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Southeast region winter meeting: Feb. 13-14, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- FGIA summer conference: June 22-25, Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, Chicago
- FGIA fall conference: Oct. 5-8, Le Westin Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- FGIA IG fabricator workshop: Nov. 10-12, Intertek, Plano, Texas (tentative)
For more information, aamanet.org/events.