CFSEI to Host Webinar on Designing Curved Facades with Cold-Formed Steel
- June 30, 2021
- Posted by: Alan Hageman
- Category: News
The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) will host a webinar on “Designing Curved Facades With Cold-Formed Steel” on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. ET. The webinar is designed for architects, engineers, building officials and contractors. Participants are eligible for 1.5 PDHs.
A key advantage to cold-formed steel is its ability to achieve aggressive radius/curved designs, providing architects and engineers with flexibility to create structures that are both architecturally pleasing and functional. This webinar will cover the design steps necessary to create these masterpieces. Topics covered in the webinar include:
- Types of curved cold-formed steel members
- Cold-formed steel framing systems:
- Non-load-bearing walls curved only in plan
- Non-load-bearing walls curved only in section
- Non-load-bearing walls curved in plan and section
- Gravity load-bearing applications
- Approaching the design/Three-dimensional visualization
- Keys to success
- Consideration of constructability
- Ways to achieve dimensional accuracy
- Dimensional flexibility in connections
- Allowance for structural deflection
The webinar will be conducted by T. Patrick Earney, P.E., S.E., Senior Structural Project Engineer with McClure Engineering. Earney has design experience in all types of structural building systems, including load-bearing wall structures in cold-formed steel, wood and masonry; as well as frame systems in steel and concrete.
More information on the webinar and registration details are available at www.cfsei.org.