Smart Energy Decisions announces award winners
- June 6, 2021
- Posted by: Alan Hageman
- Category: News
Smart Energy Decisions announced the winners of its Innovation Awards competition. Winners will be recognized at a dinner Feb. 27 at the Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit in Austin, Texas. The objective of the Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Awards program is to recognize individual and collective efforts of large electric power users, their suppliers and utilities in support of an energy transformation. Innovation Awards are presented in two categories: customer project awards and utility partnership awards. Winners of customer project awards are:
- Industrial Energy Data Management: Kimberly-Clark Corp., Irving, Texas, Lean Energy: Transforming the Culture of Energy Conservation
- Commercial Energy Data Management: IBM, Armonk, N.Y., IBM Smarter Building Solution
- Commercial Energy Efficiency Technology: Kingspan Group, Kingscourt, Republic of Ireland, Journey to Net Zero Energy
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Technology: Cisco Systems, San Jose, Calif., Global EnergyOps Program
- Energy Storage and Microgrids: LBA Realty, Irvine, Calif., Park Place Energy Storage Project
- EV Charging Infrastructure: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Airport EV Infrastructure Project
- Offsite Renewable Energy: Fruit of the Loom Inc., Bowling Green, Ky., Merendon Biomass Power
- Onsite Renewable Energy (tie): California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson, Calif., Grid Relief Through Demand Response and Energy Storage, and Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich., Large Carport Solar Array
Winners of utility partnership awards are:
- Green Tariff Program: Black Hills Corp., Rapid City, S.D., Large Power Contract Service Tariff
- Enabling Offsite Renewable Energy: Sacramento Municipal Utility District, Sacramento, Calif., SolarShares Program Redesign for Commercial Customers
- Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs: Eversource Energy, Boston, Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund
John Failla, founder and editorial director at Smart Energy Decisions, said, “We’re gratified by the positive reception and strong industry response to the program that confirms the time is right to fill the void for a recognition program recognizing both innovative customer projects and the utility programs that enable them.
- Ali Ahmed, principal, Green Strategies LLC, Linden, Mich.
- Peter Kelly-Detwiler, principal, NorthBridge Energy Partners, Lexington, Mass.
- Karl R. Rábago, executive director, Pace Energy and Climate Center, White Plains, N.Y.
- Rowena Striff, energy manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Fort Worth, Texas
“We want to thank our judges for their time and assistance in helping us in the voting process, reviewing all of the nominations sent in from all corners of the industry,” Failla said. “Their extensive industry experience added greatly to the program. Last, but certainly not least, we congratulate each of the winning large electric power users and utilities whose innovative projects and programs are being recognized with Innovation Awards.”